Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stay with me, Lord..

..for it is necessary to have You present so that I do not forget You. You know how easily I abandon You.

..because I am weak and I need Your strength. I fear the darkness, the temptations, the dryness, the cross, the sorrows. O how I need You, my Jesus!

..for You are my life.. for You are my light.

..so that I hear Your voice and follow You.

..for I desire to love You very much, and always be in Your company.

..for as poor as my soul is, I wish it to be a place of consolation for You, a nest of Love.

Let me recognize You as Your disciples did at the breaking of bread, so that the Eucharistic Communion be the light which disperses the darkness, the force which sustains me, the unique joy of my heart.

Stay with me, Lord, for it is You alone I look for. Your Love, Your Grace, Your Will, Your Heart, Your Spirit.

With a firm love, I will love You with all my heart while on earth and continue to love You perfectly during all eternity.

Amen.

- excerpt from Saint Padre Pio's A Prayer After Communion -

No comments:

Post a Comment