Tuesday, March 29, 2011

shut up and listen

God suggests when we're feeling uneasy, perhaps low on energy; we should be still and get quiet before him: "Lord, when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer" (Psalm 94:19 LB).

But many of us have trouble getting quiet.

once a day, sit down, and just be quiet... get alone for five minutes a day and be completely silent. Ask God a question, and then just sit and listen.

Sometimes we say, "God, I really need your guidance on this," and then we get up and walk off. We don't wait for an answer. Could it be the reason we never hear from God is we never listen?

Learn to take little mini-breaks during the day.. stop and say, "God, I want to tune in on you again. I want to focus in on you." I'm talking about fifteen or twenty seconds. Just stop and be quiet.

Why is this important? Because the race of life is tough and, quite honestly, it's tough to live God's plan for your life. It's important to be still and know He is there.

Get quiet once a day, take one day a week to rest, and always take some sort of vacation at least once a year.

- rick warren -

No comments:

Post a Comment